I had a lot of questions about how our home will be built and our PM answered every single one of them and was great. Here is some of the highlights of what we learned (some of these could be dependent upon your floor plan and community):
- Drywall is only tacked in place with nails and then screwed in - pleasant surprise
- The sub floor is glued down and nailed with ring shank nails - another pleasant surprise since these nails bite and hold better than common nails
- Our basement rough-in plumbing will be vented so we don't have to deal with venting when we finish it
- Based on current electrical code, all non GFCI outlets are AFCI (Arc Fault) - this is great in my opinion because these will trip if an arcing of electricity occurs (sparks) because of a short, a screw driven through a wire (guilty of that myself once), a hungry squirrel, or even bad extension cords.
- Window wells have gravel in the bottom that drain down to the french drains that surround the foundation.
Next week will be an interesting week and we're really curious to see how we move forward and when we can get moving in the right direction again.